January 7, 2020
I Have Abundant Joy
You reveal the path of life to me; in Your presence is abundant joy; in Your right hand are eternal pleasures.
The life filled with the presence of God is a life filled with joy.
Joy comes from the presence of God. The closer you are to His presence, the greater your joy.
I believe Jesus was a joyful person. I don’t believe He went around with a pious frown on His face. To hang with Jesus had to be fun.
As a Christian, joy should be the natural expression of your life.
Your circumstances or situation doesn’t control joy. Joy is the inner peace that God is in control and is working for your good.
I love that the Psalmist didn’t stop with “joy.”
He had to add “abundant joy.” Abundant joy is overflowing joy. Abundant joy is the joy that is more than enough. You can share your joy with the world because you have overflowing and never-ending joy.
Joy goes beyond your situation.
Joy overflows in your life even when things aren’t going as you wish they would. Joy isn’t dependent on being happy; it’s based on your faith in Christ.
Your joy will be complete when you enter into heaven and spend eternity in the joyful presence of Jesus.
- Today, you have overflowing joy because of the presence of Christ in your life.
- You can be joyful today because God is in control.
- You can be joyful today because you are on the path to eternal life.
- You can be joyful today because you will spend eternity in the joyful presence of Jesus.
If you aren’t feeling joyful, maybe you have slipped away from God’s presence. Perhaps it’s time to draw close to Him so that He will draw near to you.
Look at that promise once again.
You reveal the path of life to me; in Your presence is abundant joy; in Your right hand are eternal pleasures. – Psalm 16:11
Make this confession.
- In God’s presence, there is abundant joy.
- Joy is the evidence of me walking in God’s presence.
- Today, I am on the path to life – overflowing with joy.
- I will spend eternity in the joyful presence of God.
In Jesus Name,
If the Daily Promise is a blessing to you, you can really help us by recommending the Daily Promise on Facebook. Just say something like, “I really enjoy getting this daily devotional in my inbox. I think it will encourage you too. Here’s the link www.dailypromise.com.”
That simple post can help more people hear about The Daily Promise.