March 17, 2020
I Will Not Live in Fear
2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Fear seems to be controlling our world.
From empty grocery stores to a plunging stock market, the world has embraced a spirit of fear. As a Christian, God has given you the power to live above fear.
If you are like me, struggling against fear is becoming a moment by moment battle. You can hardly listen to the news or watch television without having this sense of dread and fear rise up in your spirit.
We all have fears; they are a natural part of life.
However, if we are not careful, fear can pull us down and keep us from all God has for us.
Paul wrote to his son in the faith Timothy to remind him that God did not give him a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power.
Satan uses a spirit of fear to pull you away from God. Fear is released when you focus on your abilities and the world around you. Fear grows when you allow it free reign in your heart and mind.
Fear is the opposite of faith. As you allow fear to grow and take root, it strangles your faith. However, as your faith grows, your fear fades away. The more you focus on God’s strength, power, and love, the more your faith grows. The more your faith grows, the more your fear shrinks.
Everyone has fears, but you don’t have to be ruled by them.
God gives you three things so you can live above your fear.
1. Power – The Holy Spirit dwells in you and gives you power over your fear. The very power of God dwells in you to overcome your fears and to move you in faith.
2. Love – You are deeply loved by God. The God who loves you so much will never lead you to a place where He will not be right there with you. When you know God is with you, can you live in fear? Because you are loved, you can deeply love others. When your motivation is love, fear of rejection is removed.
3. Self-Control – Self-control is not just self-discipline—this the supernatural power of God in you to control your thoughts and attitudes. In 2 Corinthians 10:5, Paul encourages you to “take every thought captive” for God’s glory.
Review that promise again,
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7
Confess this with me.
- Fear does not control me.
- God has given me power, love, and self-control.
- I am not afraid.
- I will step out in faith and not cower in fear.
- I will follow God’s direction wherever He leads in faith.
In Jesus Name,
God has not given you a spirit of fear, so go out and live in the power and confidence God has given you.
To help you stand in faith in this trying time, you can download Seven Prayer for the Coronavirus Outbreak. Go to dailypromise.com and download your copy today.
How are you doing when it comes to fear? Are you struggling? Let us know in the comments below so we can pray for you.