God Delivers You
Life has a way of sending unexpected problems your way. When they come, you have God’s promise of deliverance.
I love this promise. It is one of the most honest verses in the Bible. So many people expect the Christian life to be free of struggles, difficulties, or problems.
The Psalmist comes right out and says that those who follow God will have problems. In fact, he says there will be many of them.
Everyone Faces Problems
The Bible never promises God will exempt you from every trouble or problem. Problems and difficulties are a fact of life. We live in a fallen world; sometimes, bad things happen to good people. Afflictions are common to everyone.
Someone once said, “You are either coming out of a problem, in a problem, or about to begin a problem.” I don’t know if I would take that negative of an outlook, but problems and afflictions are all part of life.
The Bible does promise that God will deliver those who follow Him out of all their difficulties. Here are three ways God delivers you.
- God delivers you out of your affliction. I cannot tell you how many times He has delivered me from a difficulty. God provided an answer or solution just at the right time.
- God delivers you through affliction. God gives you the strength to face every problem and stand firm until the trouble passes. My most powerful times with the Lord have been when I was at the very bottom. God gave me strength and encouragement in my darkest hour. A related promise is found in Proverbs 24:16 – the righteous will fall but will rise again. God will not allow you to fall and not get back up. He will lift and strengthen you.
- God will ultimately deliver you completely when we see Him face to face. Every problem, pain, and tear will be wiped away and forgotten.
God uses your afflictions to strengthen your faith and develop your character. (1 Peter 5:10) Your faith never grows until the fires of life test it. As you go through afflictions, you learn that He is there as your deliverer. God’s strength and comfort are available for every problem you face.
Look at that promise again.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all. – Psalm 34:19
Make these confessions.
- When I face difficulties, God delivers me.
- Sometimes He delivers me from problems.
- Sometimes He meets me in the problem.
- As I go through difficulties, God strengthens my faith.
- I will experience complete deliverance when I see Him face to face.
In Jesus’ Name,
Remember, God always has more deliverance than you have affections.
As I mentioned early in the week, April is partner’s month. I am asking the Lord to bring 25 new support partners to this ministry. As you know we are faith-based and dependent on the support of friends like you. Every month tens of thousands of people around the world are taught and encouraged by the promises of God’s Word. Would you consider becoming one of the 25 partners I am praying for? Your gift of any amount will make a significant difference in our ability to continue sharing the promises of God to the nations. Please support The Daily Promise by CLICKING HERE.
How has God delivered your from problems? (Post your answer in the comment section)