Click Below to Listen
April 9, 2021
God Delivers Me From Every Problem
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
We All Face Problems
I love this promise. This promise is one of the most honest verses in the Bible. So many people expect the Christian life to be free of struggles, difficulties, or problems.
The Psalmist comes right out and says that those who follow God will have difficulties. In fact, he says there will be many of them.
The Bible never promises that God will exempt you from every trouble or problem. Problems and difficulties are a fact of life. We live in a fallen world, and sometimes bad things happen to good people. Afflictions are common to everyone.
Someone once said, “you are either coming out of a problem, in a problem, or about to begin a problem.” I don’t know if I would take that negative of an outlook, but problems and afflictions are all part of life.
The Bible does promises that God will deliver those who follow Him out of all their afflictions. There are at least four ways God delivers you.
1. God delivers you out of your affliction. I cannot begin to tell you how many times He has delivered me from a problem. God provided an answer or solution just at the right time.
2. God delivers you through the affliction. God gives you the strength to face every problem and stand firm until the trouble passes. Some of my most powerful times with the Lord have been when I was at the very bottom. God gave me strength and encouragement in my darkest hour.
A related promise is found in Proverbs 24:16 – the righteous will fall but will rise again. God will not allow you to fall and not get back up. He will lift you and strengthen you.
3. God uses your afflictions to strengthen your faith and develop your character. (1 Peter 5:10) Your faith never grows until the fires of life test it. As you go through afflictions, you learn that He is there as your Deliverer.
4. God will ultimately deliver you completely when we see Him face to face and spend eternity with Him.
Look at that verse again.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. – Psalm 34:19
Confess this with me
- When I face afflictions, God delivers me.
- Sometimes He delivers me from problems.
- Sometimes He meets me in the problem.
- As I go through afflictions, God strengthens my faith.
- I will experience complete deliverance when I see Him face to face.
In Jesus Name,
Remember, there is always more deliverance than there are afflictions.
If you have a prayer need, let me encourage you to post it on our prayer wall at www.nationalprayerroom.com. When you submit your request, it allows others to join with you in prayer. If you love praying for others, stop by the website and pray for the needs listed there. When you click the button “I Prayed For This,” an email is sent letting that person know someone has prayed for them. It’s a great way to stand with each other in prayer.
Tomorrow is review day on The Daily Promise. I will be reviewing all the promises we learned this week so we can allow them to go deep into our hearts. I hope you will join me.
How have you seen God deliver you from your problems? Share in the comments below.