February 13, 2020
I Am a Citizen in Heaven
Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.
You don’t have to “hope” you will go to heaven when you die.
If you have put your faith in Christ, you know you will go to heaven.
You are a citizen of heaven. Not when you die, but right now. When you came to Christ, your citizenship transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of heaven.
Nothing can keep you from your eternal home with Christ.
Here are six things God tells us about our eternal home.
- Your every tear will be dried, and every hurt healed when you enter heaven.
- You will always be in the presence of God.
- When you get to heaven, you will receive a new and eternal body that will never get sick, never experience pain, and never grow old.
- There will be no death, and you will live forever.
- You will see Jesus and God the Father face to face.
- You will live in a special place created just for you by Jesus.
That is a very short list that hardly scratches the surface of all the incredible things you will experience in heaven. Heaven is filled with more joy than you can possibly imagine.
With your citizenship sealed in heaven, this world is no longer your home.
This world is just a passing journey that lasts for a moment before we enter into heaven.
Today, you live differently because you know heaven is your home. You live like a tourist in this world. You are just passing through. Your goals and priorities are different because you know this is not your true home.
You have a new spiritual family, a new priority in life, and a new hope because you are a citizen of heaven.
There is no fear of death because you know when you close your eyes to this world, you will open them in heaven with Jesus.
Because heaven is your home, you can look with anticipation for the return of Jesus, our Lord.
Look at that promise one more time.
Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. – Philippians 3:20
Confess this with me.
- Right now, I am a citizen of heaven.
- I know that when I die, I will spend eternity in heaven.
- I am no longer at home in this world.
- I look forward to the return of Christ.
- I live with my eyes on heaven knowing this world is not my home.
In Jesus name,
With Valentines’s Day tomorrow, it’s a great reminder that husbands and wives must be praying for each other. You can go to prayingforher.com or prayingforhim.com to receive a free 31-day prayer guide via email. These guides have been used by thousands of people around the world to improve their praying for their spouses.