Click Below to Listen
May 10, 2021
I Am a Fruitful Christian
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.
Psalm 1 is about the persons who “delights in” or makes the Word of God their priority. When you build your life on the word of God, you will be like a tree that produces good fruit.
Healthy Trees Bear Fruit
You can tell the condition of a tree by the fruit it bears. A healthy tree produces fruit. A healthy tree will not only produce quality fruit but will also produce large quantities of fruit. When you have an active walk with God, spiritual fruit naturally grows in your life.
There are two types of spiritual fruit God is growing in your life.
1. The Fruit of the Spirit. As you delight in His Word, God grows the fruit of the Spirit in your life. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control all grow in your life as a result of your following Him. These spiritual fruits grow as a natural result of your fellowship with Christ. You can’t work on being more patient or having more joy. However, when you build your life on the Word of God, these fruits naturally become evident in your life.
2. The fruit of changed lives. A fruitful tree produces fruit for multiplication. Every apple contains the power to grow multiple apple trees. An apple tree will produce enough apples to create hundreds of trees. As you delight in the Lord, God uses you to draw others closer to Him, multiply the kingdom of God, and bring others to Christ. Jesus promised to make you His witness and to use you to expand the kingdom of God.
Fruit in Season
The Psalmist said you will be like the tree that produces fruit in its season. This means the tree produces fruit when it should. It doesn’t have to work and strain to produce the fruit; it’s part of the natural process. Likewise, as you delight in the word of God, you will naturally produce spiritual fruit on God’s timetable.
Look at that promise again.
He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers. – Psalm 1:3
Make these confessions.
- I am a fruitful Christian.
- God is growing the fruit of the Spirit within me.
- God is using me to multiply the Kingdom of God.
- The fruit of my life are the changed lives of those around me.
- I am producing spiritual fruit according to God’s schedule.
In Jesus Name,
Spiritual fruit is an indicator of your spiritual health. God promises that as you delight in His word, you will be fruitful.
Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me. I am doing well and continue in my physical therapy. (Although I am never too happy to see them) Please continue to pray for healing and restoration.
Thank you to all our partners who make The Daily Promise possible. Your support is vital in helping me take the promises of God to the nations. To become a ministry partner, or to make a donation, CLICK HERE. Thank you again for your prayer and support.
What spiritual fruit is God growing in your life? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.