Click Below to Listen
March 10, 2021
I Have Victory Over Fear
2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
Fear is Everywhere
Fear seems to be controlling our world. From empty grocery stores to a global pandemic, the world has embraced a spirit of fear. As a Christian, God has given you the power to live above fear.
If you are like me, the struggle against fear is a moment-by-moment battle. You can hardly listen to the news or watch television without having a sense of dread and fear rise up in your spirit.
We all have fears; they are a natural part of life. However, if you are not careful, fear can pull you down and keep you from all God has for you.
Paul wrote to his son in the faith Timothy to remind him that God did not give him a spirit of fear but a spirit of power.
Satan uses a spirit of fear to pull you away from God. Fear is released when you focus on your abilities and the world around you. Fear grows when you give it free reign in your heart and mind.
Fear is the Opposite of Faith
Fear is the opposite of faith. As you allow fear to grow and take root, it strangles your faith. However, as your faith grows, your fear fades away. The more you focus on God’s strength, power, and love, the more your faith grows. The more your faith grows, the more your fear shrinks.
Everyone has fears, but you don’t have to be ruled by them. God gives you three tools for living above your fear.
1. Power – The Holy Spirit dwelling in you gives you power over your fear. The very power of God is in you to overcome your fears and to move you in faith.
2. Love – You are deeply loved by God. The God who loves you will always be with you. How can you live in fear, knowing God is with you? God’s love for you drives away all fear. The more you understand just how much you are loved, the more you can live free from fear.
3. Self-Control – God gives you more than self-control or self-discipline. God gives you supernatural power to control your thoughts and attitudes. In 2 Corinthians 10:5, Paul encourages you to “take every thought captive” for God’s glory.
Today you can live above your fear in the power, love, and self-control because Christ is in you.
Look at that promise again.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7
Confess this with me.
- Fear does not control me.
- God has given me power, love, and self-control.
- I am not afraid.
- I will step out in faith and not cower in fear.
- I will follow God’s direction wherever He leads, in faith.
In Jesus Name,
God has not given you a spirit of fear, so go out and live in the power and confidence God has given you.
Share this promise with at least 2 people and encourage them with God’s promise that they can live above the fear of this world. Everyone can use a little encouragement from God’s Word.
How are you doing when it comes to fear? Are you struggling or walking in victory? Let us know in the comments below so we can pray for you.