February 2, 2022
Jesus Gives Me Rest
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Our Need For Rest
If you have ever felt weary, worn-out, or in need of rest, today’s promise is for you.
Today we wear busyness like a badge of honor. We live with overstuffed calendars, endless to-do lists, and the constant pressure to get more done in less time. Many of us live life running from one event to the next. We end our day falling into bed, knowing it will all start over in the morning.
Even when we go to bed, many of us suffer from restlessness and worry.
Jesus promises rest to those who follow Him. When you come to Him, He gives rest to your soul and spirit.
Here are three areas where you will find His rest.
1. Rest from the Burden of Sin. The guilt of past mistakes, rebellion, and regrets can be a heavy load to carry. Jesus came to remove the burden of sin. As Jesus hung on the cross, He took on the weight of your sin. Sin is too heavy a load to carry yourself. Many of us are carrying a burden Jesus has already taken away. You can rest in Him, knowing your sin, shame, and guilt have been removed.
2. Rest from the weight of religion. The religious leaders of Jesus’ day had created a complicated system for pleasing God. Religion is always about keeping the rules. Those rules are like heavy weights around your neck. You will never measure up to the demands of religion. Jesus invites you into a relationship with Him, not a religion of rules and regulation. Through Christ, you can stop trying to “please God” and rest in what Christ has done for you. You can rest in a daily walk with Him.
3. Rest in the security of your salvation. One definition of rest is when something is fixed or settled. The issue of your salvation was settled on the cross. If you have placed your faith in Christ as your Savior and Lord, your salvation is secured by the Lord Jesus Himself. You can rest in the promise of eternal life.
You can’t work your way into rest; Jesus gives it freely. All you need do is receive His rest by faith.
Look at that promise one more time,
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. – Matthew 11:28-29
Make these confessions.
- In Jesus Christ, I have rest.
- I can rest from trying to be good enough for God.
- I have rest from my past guilt, shame, and regret.
- By faith, I claim my rest in Christ.
In Jesus name,
Instead of trying and be good enough for God, why not rest in all Christ has done for you? When you come to Him, He gives you rest.
You can bring the promises of God to your church. We are now scheduling “Claiming the Promises of God” seminars in churches. For more information about hosting a seminar in your church, contact my office at 817-428-5994.
Are you resting in all Christ has done for you? (Share your thoughts in the comments below)
MY husband won a copy of your book, “PRAYING FOR YOUR WIFE” ( THAT WAS ABOUT 3 YEARS AGO?) WE SNUGGLE TOGETHER EACH MORNING AND HE READS THE BLESSINGS OVER ME. (WE JUST KEEP ON GOING THROUGHTHE 42 DAYS AND THEN START IT ALL OVER! ) I NEVER GET TIRED OF BEING BLESSED AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO THIS SPECIAL TIME TOGETHER. THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS BOOK AND ALSO FOR THE “DAILY PROMISE” THAT I HAVE RECENTLY SUBSCRIBED TO. (LARRY WAS GETTING IT ON HIs E.MAIL AND AFTER READING HIS, I DESIRED TO HAVE IT ON MY ADDRESS ALSO..
Rose, I’d really appreciate it if you could share this as a review on Amazon. Just search for my book, Praying for your Wife. Thanks, – Billy