Victory Over Fear
Our world seems to be controlled by fear. From war to supply shortages and high gas prices, the world has embraced a spirit of fear. As a Christian, God gives you the power to live above fear.
If you are like me, the struggle against fear is a moment-by-moment battle. You can hardly listen to the news or watch television without having a sense of dread and fear rise up in your spirit.
We all have fears; they are a natural part of life. However, if you are not careful, fear can pull you down and keep you from all God has for you.
A Spirit of Power
Paul wrote to his son in the faith Timothy to remind him that God did not give him a spirit of fear but a spirit of power.
Satan uses a spirit of fear to pull you away from God. Fear is released when you focus on your abilities and the world around you. Fear grows when you give it free rein in your heart and mind.
Fear is the opposite of faith. As you allow fear to grow and take root, it strangles your faith. However, as your faith grows, your fear fades away. The more you focus on God’s strength, power, and love, the more your faith grows. The more your faith grows, the more your fear subsides.
Everyone has fears, but you don’t have to be ruled by them. God gives you three tools for living above your fear.
- Power – The Holy Spirit dwelling in you gives you power over your fear. The very power of God is in you to overcome your fears and to move you in faith.
- Love – God deeply loves you. The God who loves you will always be with you. How can you live in fear, knowing God is with you? God’s love for you drives away all fear. The more you understand just how much you are loved, the more you can live free from fear.
- Self-Control – God gives you more than self-control or self-discipline. God gives you supernatural power to control your thoughts and attitudes. In 2 Corinthians 10:5, Paul encourages you to “take every thought captive” for God’s glory.
Today, you can live above your fear through the power, love, and self-control Christ has given you.
Look at that promise again.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. – 2 Timothy 1:7
Make these confessions.
- Fear does not control me.
- God has given me power, love, and self-control.
- I am not afraid.
- I live in faith and not cower in fear.
- In faith, I will follow God’s direction wherever He leads.
In Jesus’ Name,
God has not given you a spirit of fear, so go out and live in the power and confidence God has given you.
You can bring The Daily Promise to your church by hosting a “Claiming the Promises” seminar. In this exciting workshop, you will discover the five different types of promises, how to apply faith to God’s promises, and how walking in God’s promises can transform your life. For more information, contact our ministry office at 817-428-5994.
How has Jesus given you victory over your fears? (Post your answer in the comment section)