September 26, 2022
Jesus is Your Strong Tower
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe.
In the Old Testament, strong and tall towers provided protection and safety. Anytime there was danger, the people of the city could run to the tower and find refuge.
Jesus is your strong tower. When you feel attacked, unsafe, or afraid, you can run to Him.
Here are four things God’s strong tower provides for you today.
1. It is a place of refuge. A strong tower was a place of safety when an enemy attacked or any danger was present. Jesus is your refuge. Never be afraid to run to him in your daily spiritual battle. If you are afraid, run to the strong tower of the Lord.
2. It was a place of security. The tower provided a stronghold against the enemy. When an enemy attacked, the tower provided a strategic advantage in the battle. You have the King of glory on your side and dwelling in you. He has empowered you with spiritual weapons. Can you ever be afraid knowing God is ready to defend and protect you?
3. It gave direction. The tower was often the highest point in the area. It provided a point of reference. You always knew where you were, based on the tower’s position. God’s presence in your life is the anchor for your soul. As long as you stay close to Him, you are protected from the lies and deception around you. The Word of God is your point of reference when you face uncertain times. Look to Jesus, and He will show you the way.
4. The tower provided oversight. A watchman was placed at the top of the tower to guard the city. From his vantage point, He could see enemies or dangers coming. He could watch over the people and see those who were getting too far away. Jesus is watching over you today. He draws you back to Himself when you stray and is never surprised by the struggles or difficulties you face.
When you feel like you just can’t take it any longer, run to the strong tower of the Lord. He will protect and empower you.
Look at that promise again.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; The righteous runs into it and is safe. – Proverbs 18:10
Make these confessions.
- Jesus is my strong tower.
- Jesus is watching over me everywhere I go.
- Today, I rest in the protection and care of the Lord.
- When I face a problem, I will run to Him for refuge.
In Jesus’ name,
Jesus is your strong tower. When you run to Him, he becomes your refuge and security. He gives you direction and watches over you. When you are in need, run to Him.
I am excited to announce that we are celebrating this ministry’s fifth anniversary. Five years ago, God spoke to me about starting a ministry encouraging prayer and spiritual renewal.
It’s been an amazing five years of seeing God do so many incredible things. I began the ministry with a daily email program teaching men how to pray for their wives. I was overwhelmed as thousands of men across the country and around the world began signing up. I followed that with a program for wives called Praying for Him.
Fast forward five years, and almost 60,000 people from 213 countries have gone through one of these prayer guides.
The Daily Promise has been listened to over 370,000 times and is listed in the top 3% of all podcasts worldwide.
I’d like to ask you to pray about making a financial gift to the ministry during our anniversary celebration. Think of it as an anniversary gift for the ministry.
We need $50,000 in support before the end of the year to help launch the Praying for Pastors and help finish the year strong.
For everyone who makes an anniversary gift to the ministry, I will send you a teaching I just put together called Faith vs. Fear, releasing your faith to overcome fear.
Right now, we are being bombarded with fear-filled messages about the economy, the potential for war, when the next pandemic may come, and the list goes on and on. I know Satan is working overtime to lure God’s people into living in fear.
Again for everyone who makes a gift to the ministry, I’ll send you a copy of the eBook and the audio version of Faith vs. Fear.Make An Anniversary Gift
When you are under attack, do you run to Jesus? (Share in the comments below)
The year you began this ministry is the same year my wife walked out. The Daily Promise messages gave me the day by day encouragement and wisdom to reject suicidal thoughts and to instead lean on Jesus. Every morning, these teachings helped me get through each day – one at a time. 5 years on, I no longer think about suicide, and have become very comfortable and grounded in my relationship with Jesus. For the first time ever, I am not desperate to be with a woman. I have found everything I need in Jesus. He broke my relationship addictions. And I have achieved more through Christ in these 5 years than I had in the previous 45. Thanks for being obedient to your calling and helping people like me get through the shadow of the valley.
Dusting, thanks so much for sharing your story. I am so happy that The Daily Promise has been a blessing to you. – Billy
God bless you. Dusting. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Dustin for sharing your story with us:-) all praise and glory to God the Father! I know that the daily promise has helped me through some difficult times and I am thankful for this ministry.
Thanks Dustin for sharing your story & give all the glory to our Lord & Savior! I am a newbie to the daily promise & so grateful . I too have a similar story about heartbreak after a long-term marriage but by the grace of God I survived as well. It took me ten long painful years to actually get over the loss of not having the man I loved, married, gave birth to two now adult children. If not for finding God I’m not sure I would’ve survived. I still struggle at times but I know without a doubt he is my strong tower so I am eternally grateful & I understand. God bless you, Billy for helping me daily to remember who I belong too.
Thanks Kim, for sharing your story as well. I am so blessed to know The Daily Promise is making a difference in folk’s lives. – Billy