Click Below to Listen
April 23, 2021
My Citizenship is in Heaven
Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.
A Citizen of Heaven
As a Christian, you don’t have to “hope” you will go to heaven when you die. If you have put your faith in Christ, you know where you will spend eternity.
You are a citizen of heaven. Not when you die, but right now. When you came to Christ, your citizenship transferred from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of heaven.
Nothing can keep you from your eternal home with Christ.
Here are six things God tells us about your eternal home.
- Your every tear will be dried, and every hurt healed.
- You will always be in the presence of God.
- When you get to heaven, you will receive a new and eternal body that will never get sick, never experience pain, and never grow old.
- There is no death, and you will live forever.
- You will see Jesus and God the Father face to face.
- You will live in a special place created just for you by Jesus.
These six truths hardly scratch the surface of all the incredible things you will experience in heaven. Heaven is filled with more joy than you can possibly imagine.
Your Citizenship is Sealed
With your citizenship sealed in heaven, this world is no longer your priority. Your life is just a passing moment before you enter eternity in heaven.
Today, you live differently because you know heaven is your home. You live like a tourist in this world. You are just passing through. Your goals and priorities are different because you know this is not your true home.
You have a new spiritual family, a new priority in life, and a new hope because you are a citizen of heaven.
There is no fear of death because you know when you close your eyes to this world, you will open them in heaven with Jesus.
Because heaven is your home, you can look with anticipation for the return of the Lord Jesus.
Look at that promise again.
Our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ. – Philippians 3:20
Make these confessions.
- Right now, I am a citizen of heaven.
- I know that when I die, I will spend eternity in heaven.
- I am no longer at home in this world.
- I look forward to the return of Christ.
- I live with my eyes on heaven knowing this world is not my home.
In Jesus name
There is no fear of death when you know your citizenship in heaven has been sealed by the blood of Christ.
On a personal note:
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me for my first knee replacement. I would greatly appreciate your prayers again. They will be doing my second knee replacement surgery today. They replaced my right knee on Wednesday of this week and will be doing buy replacement surgery today. Please pray for the surgery, the doctors, and my recovery. I record The Daily Promise in advance, so you shouldn’t miss an episode.
Tomorrow is review day on The Daily Promise. I’ll be reviewing the promises we learned this week, so we can allow God to move them deep into our hearts. I hope you will join me.