And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s offspring, heirs according to promise.
2 Corinthians 10:5
How do you Think?
Today we are talking about how you think and how it affects your walk with God.
How you think affects how you live. So now, more than ever, it’s important to control your thinking. To walk in the victory Christ promises, you must control your mind by constantly guarding what you allow in your mind and what you think about.
The Spiritual Battleground
Most every spiritual battle takes place in the battleground of your mind. Satan deceived Eve by having her question the goodness of God. She allowed those deceptive words free reign in her mind. Those unchecked thoughts turned into rebellion against God.
Every temptation begins in the mind. Every action begins with a thought. Your thoughts are the seeds of actions. Every sin begins with a temptation and an uncontrolled thought.
Because you have the mind of Christ, you have power over your thoughts. God commands you to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
Here are five things to remember about taking every thought captive.
1. Monitor your thoughts. Thoughts left to run free rarely produce positive results. How many times has a simple little thought taken you down a path of disobedience? Check your thoughts to make sure what you are thinking is in line with scripture.
2. Capture your thoughts early. That little thought left unchecked grows and spreads into actions and habits. Before you know it, that small thought becomes the focus of your thinking. Capture your thoughts early before they grow into habits.
3. Submit your thoughts An easy way to take your thoughts captive is to ask yourself, “Is what I am thinking about right now honoring to Christ?” If not, submit your thoughts to the Lord. Then, change what you are thinking about and allow Jesus to be lord of your thoughts.
4. Redirect Your Thoughts Your thoughts tend to follow pathways. Once a thought is left unchecked, it goes down the same path it has traveled in the past. Soon that thought has developed a superhighway through in your brain. Once started, it goes down the same path each time. Your best plan of attack is to knock the thought off its track by refocusing your attention. Redirecting your thoughts is often the fastest way to take them captive.
5. Transform Your Thinking Meditating or thinking on God’s word is a powerful way to renew your mind. Read God’s Word daily, then think about what you read throughout the day. Allow God’s word to transform your thinking.
As followers of Christ, you can take every thought captive through the power of the Holy Spirit in you.
Look at that promise one more time.
We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. – 2 Corinthians 10:5
Make these confessions.
I have the mind of Christ in me.
I am taking every thought captive.
I am capturing every wrong thought early.
I am transforming my mind by dwelling on God’s Word.
In Jesus Name,
Every thought that takes you away from walking in obedience to Christ must be captured and restrained, just like a prison of war.
If The Daily Promise is a blessing to you, why not consider becoming a ministry partner? The Daily Promise is completely dependent on the financial support of friends like you. So help me take the promises of God’s word to the nations by becoming a Ministry Partner today. CLICK HERE to make your gift.
What is your biggest challenge in taking every thought captive? (Share your thoughts in the comments below)
Get The Daily Promise Every Day. It’s Free and Easy! Sign up Now.